Happy New Year Art Masters Volunteers!
I can’t believe it, but it’s time to start planning for our 2014 Arts Nights at Cedar Hill. Unlike previous years, we will only have one Arts Night, which will be held on Thursday, May 15. We will split the evening into two parts – Primary Grades from 6:00 – 7:10 and Intermediate Grades from 7:20 – 8:30.
For those of you who are new to Arts Night, this is a family event to celebrate the Arts at Cedar Hill. The event features individual art pieces created by each student, group art pieces created by each classroom, musical presentations coordinated by Mrs. O’Brien and Mr. Schaeffer, and a bake goods “beauty contest” in which all families are invited to participate. It has also been a fantastic fundraiser for our school where we will auction off the classroom pieces and sell items such as framed prints, mugs, note cards, tote bags, and delicious home-made baked goods.
In order to make this event successful, we rely on the concerted efforts of numerous volunteers. I will be sending out separate email later in January to schedule a committee meeting, but, in general, we will need help with the following areas: (I have spoken to many of you in advance to see where you would like help, and thanks to those who have volunteered to be sub-committee chairs)
- · Hanging art work
- · Framing prints
- · Communications
- · Bake sale/contest
- · Set up – day of event
- · Sales – day of event
- · Logistics – day of event
Arts Night Projects
Click for the list of the Arts Night Class Projects for this year. Many of the projects are the same as last year, although I have included two new multi-media projects (button trees inspired by Gustav Klimt and oil pastel flowers inspired by Van Gogh).
- I will leave folders with more details for each class in the bins during the first week of January.
- I will leave the canvases in the storage room with the file cabinet.
- Once the canvas is complete, please have the students sign the back in black sharpie.
- Plan to work on projects during January/February. Please have the canvases completed by the first week in March. (Kristin Romano will photograph the finished canvases for us)
- We have a pretty good supply of acrylic paint in the storage room. However, if you need any special supplies or colors, please let me know.
- If you are not able to finish the canvas during Art Masters time, Mrs. Rinker has kindly offered to let us use some of her classroom time to finish the paintings. Please coordinate with her directly, if needed.
- Please be mindful the Old Library is now being used for educational purposes during the day. Try to contain all Art Masters work to the classrooms.
If you have any questions at all, please let me know. I will be checking in with each Grade Level Point Person periodically to see if any additional help is needed.
Looking forward to working on this fantastic event with all of you!